Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Day 8 stats

Day 9 will be at Fezziwig's instead of at the Nottingham Tavern.   Unless, of course, someone has a better idea.  These places are close enough to walk to however.

Fezziwig's Warehouse Grill
1215 Highway 33
(609) 588-8200

Day 8 Statistic:

Day 8 was held at Jo-Jo's Tavern and Pizza in Hamilton.   I was really happy to hear this was going to be the case because when I left work I was really hungry.  And I love pizza.  In fact, I would eat exclusively pizza if that were possible.  Yes folks, I am a pizzaterian.  It is a tough row to hoe, but I am the guy.  There is even a 12-step program that I attempted once to become a recovering pizzaholic.   But at step three, I said eff this and ordered a large with onions and sausage from Sal's.

Did I tell you that Jo-Jo's has great pizza?  Well I won't because, I shouldn't need to tell you such things.   Did I tell you that CPL is a horse's arse?  Well, I don't care if I told you already (Day 1), I'm saying it again.  Crack Pipe Larry is a horse's arse.   This is Day 8 already and CPL has a big goose egg.   Rumor has it that folks have been passing around his business card.  In fact CPL's business card may have two points already and is threatening to pass CPL's all time numbers.

The simple fact that CPL is a horse's hiney, did not detract from the stellar response to the Jo-Jo's meeting.   And Jo-Jo's is has attempted some improvements.  You're thinking they sped up the service a little?  Not a chance.  Forced that old guy behind the bar to wash his hands?  No way; that could change the taste of the pizza.  Using toilette paper that doesn't feel like industrial grade sandpaper?  C'mon.  They have installed a new state of the art air cleaning system.  What might be this new system:  Smoking is no longer allowed at Jo-Jo's.  Welcome to the new millennia.

Jo-Jo's was packed.  Packed like CPL's arse at the backstage party after George Michael concert.  So much so there weren't enough seats and the crowd was feeling a little claustrophobic.  Luckily they have an endless supply of tasty pizza and tap beer that wasn't flat.  Another things in ample supply at Jo-Jo's:  Women.   Apparently, the ladies in the greater Trenton area like clear air and good pizza.  No word on how they feel about CPL.  

I think the 12-day fatigue is finally setting in on the players.  No one feels strongly on where Day 9 should be.  I remember fights, foot races, and ranting.  This year it's just, "I don't know" and shoulder shrug.  We suck.  And Hawker is right:  Where are the antics?  That's it.  Tonight, I'm gonna lick someone on the face and start a fire in the parking lot.

So it's Fezziwig's unless you want to challenge me to a foot race.  Go ahead;  make my day.

In a related story, the TDDoC front office has place Gman on injured reserve.  Tom Hawker, spokesman for the TDDoC, said, "Gman shouldn't be attending any more Days this year due to his injury, but knowing him, he will probably show up anyway.  Let's face it, Gman is no CPL.  That guy is a real horse's arse."


Scoring through 8 Days:
Ska   8
Rose 4
E-man 7
Bobo 4
Sir Nicholas of Bobo 1
G-man 8
Scugi 8
Tamp 8
Kaden 1
Tool 1
Goettle 8
Mertz 2
Yo 2
Adrienne (Mrs Yo) 1
BB 1
Buffy 1
TMAC 1
The Other Joe (OJ) 3
The Other Joe’s Brother (OJ Mark) 5
The Swede 2
Dorian 5 (+1*)
Donna 7
Billionaire Pat Worth 3
BIG LOU 7
M. Taddei 1
Su 4
Cory 2
Julian 2
Lisa Eman 1
Trent 1
Kimchick 5
Cheryl 2
MD 4
Larry Not Crack Pipe (LNCP) 3
Mel 4
Jeff 1
Stu 5
Randy 2
Laura 4
Katherine 1
Arunkone 1
BIG AL 5
Megan 1
Sonya 3
Guffar 1
Tytla 2
Uji 1
Rob (not Bob) 1
Porsche Linda 1
Milot 3 (+1*)
Neufeld 2
East Coast Julie 1
Blair 1
Tony Giacobbe (1*)
Roy O 2
Maria Scugi 1
Curt 1
Bennie 1
Big Al’s Pat 4
Alyssa 1
DMilot 3
Colleen 2
Janna  2
Robin 1
Polo 1
Illman 1
Illman friend Beth 1
Yvette 2
Danielle 1
assorted other Big Al friends 1
Crack Pipe Larry 0
Crack Pipe Larry's Business Card 2

No comments: