Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 9 Stats: Tea for Twelve



Day 10 location the Tir Na Nog on Hamilton Ave (you may be required to park on the street.

Tir Na Nog
1324 Hamilton Ave
Trenton, NJ 08629

(609) 392-2554

Day 9 Stats: Santino’s in Robbinsville

The Female Edition , written by Jana

I wasn’t crazy about this location from the door, but I had a good feeling that Friday night was going to be a lot of fun. I was worried that our turnout wouldn’t be so great because of the wintry mix we had earlier in the day, but much to my surprise the usual suspects were all in the house.

Upon my arrival to Santino’s I looked around the dimly lit bar for our crew. As I made my way around the circular bar, I made some observations about the crowd and the atmosphere, and wished we were at a dive bar like McQuinn’s. About ¾ of the way around the bar, I spot the gentlemanly Mr. Tampellini, Felicia, and assorted company. I almost reach our group when a bottle of wine crashes to the floor at the table I just passed. Everyone at the table glances over at me as if I knocked this bottle over, but I didn’t, I swear. Just for the record, even if I did knock this bottle over, you’re the idiots that had the bottle hanging on your chair in a bag or on the floor in a bar….duh. But I wasn’t going to let that break my stride, nobody’s gonna slow me down, oh no, I’ve got to get my TDDOC point. Finally I reach our crew, the spill is being cleared, and I’m greeted by Tamps who remarks, “Why didn’t you just walk the other way instead of walking all the way around the bar?” To which I replied, “Because I can’t see anyone in this fudge tunnel.”

Moments later Scugi ran over to me with Tom Eastman’s head on a stick. We did lots of dirty things with Eman’s head that night. Too bad he missed it! See the photo evidence on the blog. He had a hard stick and he gave good head.



During my first drink Andy told me a story of a friend, who shall remain nameless (well mainly because I don’t know his name), that blamed him for a Hustler DVD that mysteriously appeared in friend X’s DVD player and later found by his wife. Friend X, now that I am sober I ask you, wouldn’t it have been better to have owned up to the Hustler than to have tried to explain why Andy would’ve been at your home watching such material? Hmmm.

Shortly after I finished my first drink, Big Lou entered the bar with the aroma of Drakkar Noir surrounding his presence. Ah, Drakkar Noir, what a throwback to the eighth grade for me when I would only go to a movie with a boy who wore Drakkar Noir. Too bad those days are long over.

I must give a shout out here to Felicia who held Santino’s down with me on Friday night. I must also shout out the little man in the grey sweater (Santino’s manager) who took a special interest in Felicia’s needs that evening. There was also an unknown drunk girl who felt the need to inform Felicia of her every bathroom move, to whom Felicia said “Did I invite you to my B-B-Q? Then why are you all up in my grill?”

About this time Gman & Su decided to join us, but they weren’t alone. They brought Mr. & Mrs. Val Kilmer along for the ride. This was quite a group for those of you who missed it. They downed drink after drink to catch up to those of us who had been at it for hours already. Mrs. Kilmer was feisty and she wanted to share her cleavage with the Gman as often as Su would allow. She was also trying to rip my shirt off. This party was in full swing now!

I recall talking with Ska for a moment after having a shot with Gman and Felicia when all of a sudden the Gman had an outburst regarding alumni shirts. DO NOT MENTION ALUMNI SHIRTS to the Gman. This appears to be a very sensitive topic for the Gman. The little man in the grey sweater came rushing over to try and quiet the Gman. Little did he know, G had the Kilmer’s on his side along with the rest of the TDDOC posse. Mrs. Kilmer got in the bartender's face and told him that she was going to spend the $500 dollars that she planned to spend at Santino’s, elsewhere. Then she said the same thing to the little man in the grey sweater, which led to our being kicked out of Santino’s. TDDOC will not be patronizing Santino’s going forward. So, I grabbed Eastman by the head and we all went to Jo Jo’s in Hamilton. The only thing that changes there, are the bartenders’ hair colors. Thank goodness for Jo Jo’s bar pie at 11PM! Just when you think we are bringing this evening to a close, Mrs. Kilmer has one last outburst to get off her chest and approaches a man in a hot pink tee and black exercise shorts with a fashion police alert. Once Hot Pink was given his celebrity citation, we were on our way.

AND as a special bonus for all of you TDDOCers that are looking a little rough around the edges, I’ve included some holiday beauty tips that will have you looking merry and bright just in time for your in-laws to arrive for Christmas.

1) Chamomile tea bags are wonderful for those bags under your eyes. Simply soak the tea bags in cool water and place them over your eyes for a few minutes.

2) Using CO Bigelow Menthol Body Wash is a wonderful way to start your day. Shower with this and you will be wide awake after any long night of TDDOCing. Just be careful where you use this tingly body wash, unless of course that’s what you’re aiming for!

3) TAZO Awake Tea will have you bright eyed in no time! Try it. Your liver will be thankful that it’s not booze.

4) Lastly, use a moisturizer for that tired, dry face of yours. Moisturizer is not just for women. I recommend Caudalie anti-wrinkle cream, but any moisturizer is better than none at all. Just make sure it’s for your face, otherwise don’t blame me when you have a bad reaction.


AND for all you married TDDOC men reading this, your wives are saints. After you sober up, take your wife out on a date somewhere really nice (NOT SANTINO’S), and surprise her with a little something special that she won’t be expecting. After all, she puts up with you and you might just get lucky out of the deal. Good luck!

Adam 1
Amato 1
Andrew 1
Arounkone 1
Art N 1
Big Lou 3
Bill H 1
Billionaire Pat Worth 1
Blair 1
Bobo 5
Brandy (BPW wife) 1
Brendan (BPW friend) 2
Brody 1
Chris Bode 3
Chuck de Palma 1
Cole 9
Paul Conway 2
Conway brother in law Roger 1
Conway niece Ann 1
Conway sister in law Joan 1
Conway wife Jean 1
CPK 1
CPL 2
Danielle 1
Danwebster 1
Dave Peterson 1
Dmile 3
Donna 6
Dorian 7
Earl (Tamp Friend) 1
El Chorba 1
Eman 7
Eman on a stick 1
Eric T 3
Felicia 6
German Micheal 3
Gina (Big Fish Barkeep) 2
Gman 9
Goettle 9
Heather (Judd wife) 1
Jag 3
Jana 2
Jason 3
Jeff T (Tamps friend) 1
Jeremy V 2
Jim Judd 1
John (Chorba work friend) 1
John "The Mechanic" Fallon 1
Julian 3
Julie N 1
Kaden 1
Karen (Chorba work friend) 1
Katherine 3
Kurt (Bobo neighbor) 1
Larry (NCP) 1
Laura 5
Lisa Eman 4
Lori (Cole Wife) 1
Lou D 3
Marissa (Felicia friend) 1
Marissa's twin sister 1
Mary T 1
Maureen D 2
Mel Farris 1
Mertz 5
Michele D 1
Michelle (Chorba work friend) 1
Mike C 1
Milot 6
Mosso 8
Mrs Scugi 2
OJ Marc 4
No Job Rob 1
Pam T (Tamps friend) 1
Polo 1
Randy 7
Rich T (Tamps friend) 1
Rose 1
Ryan G 4
Scugi 4
Sean (OJ Marc friend) 1
Sharon A 2
Sharon H 4
Ska 6
Steve (OJ Marc friend) 2
Stu 1
Su 7
Tamp 9
Tommy (Wendy friend) 1
Trent Eman 3
Uvegas 2
Wendy (Chorba work friend) 1
Will T 1
Yvette G 5
Yo 1

No comments: