Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 5 Stats: Pizza Love




Day 6 Location: City Streets Cafe, Route 130, East Windsor (East Windsor being the place where the TDDoC was conceived)

Day 5 Items from JoJo's Pizza:

I'm sure I have stated this before but, I love pizza. So I'm glad I was back in town for what has become an annual trip to JoJo's, which is known to have some of the finest pizza in the Greater Trenton area. So while driving over, I decide to call the Eman to find out where he is and when he will be getting to JoJo's. This does not qualify as a "Why!!??" call since I'm not at the bar. This is more of a "When?" call. Eman answers and says he is not there yet, has already received the "Why!!??" call from Goettle. Eman reluctantly admits to me that he is at a basketball game...now this has become "What?!" call, or more accurately a "What the F|_|Ck?!!" call, considering E's known loathing of the game. As it happens, Trent has decided to be rebellious not by getting piercings, tattoos, or rap sheet, but by making the Doane Academy team just to torture his father. They were playing the team from AHA. No, not the Norwegian band popular in the 80's. Well, not exactly. AHA stands for the A-ha Hebrew Academy. I'm not kidding; look it up.

I go inside and find the G-man and Goettle families at a table and some other folks at the bar and the place is packed. As others come in there is no table or bar space that can accommodate everyone so crew ends up in various places throughout the room. Some of us decide to flit between tables and the bar and even stand between tables to talk. This is clearly giving the Hostess fits; I see her standing off to the side talking to herself. Actually, it looked more like arguing, or possibly scolding some imaginary friend for letting the dining area descend into such anarchy. We are clearly on some kind of secret probation. After a number of pizza eaten, which seem to take a long time to arrive we have consolidated down to one table, but the Hostess is not placated, and now banishes us to the bar. Which is fine, Bobo is still hungry and orders more pizza. Let's face it -- the bar is a better place for our ilk.

Many people in attendance, including a large number of LMCO Newtown folks. Sadly, I did not get to engage many of them, but they seem like a top notch motivated bunch. I promise to acquaint myself with them at the next opportunity. However, I was introduced to Felicia's friend Marissa, who claims to live nearby and have a twin sister. I just think it is chatter but eventually the sister shows accompanied by Gina from the Big Fish. This world is getting smaller, or quite possibly I spend too much time in bars. Eventually, Felicia, Gina, Marissa and her twin head off to some other bar. (I'm thinking road trip, like I need to go to another bar)

More pizza, more beer, talk of the Eagles play-off chances, crowd thins. I find myself at the bar talking with Uvegas about health issues due to our advanced years. I'm not aging well, but decide to continue drinking to outlast the last few folks from LMCO (Sharon H and Lou D) who are also seated next to me at the bar. Uvegas runs into someone he knows from High School. I guess I'm not the only one who is getting out too much. Eventually, Sharon H and Lou D make for the door for the journey back to PA. I feel complete now and Uvegas and I get out as well.

I have to leave you with this however. This has been a lot of talk this year about "Ramrodding", that is the pre-selection of bar venues occurring days prior to the date at which they will be attended. This has exceeded the usual harangue about points not awarded from prior years.

With that here is an excerpt of discussion I was privy to:

Felicia (to Eman and Ska): I hear we are going to the Big Fish on Wednesday? (keep in mind it is only Monday)
Eman: I don't think we are allowed to pre-plan like that.
Felicia: Well, that is what Gman told me. (whaaaaaa?!!?)
Eman: That is exactly what I wanted to hear (as if he were some kind of attorney taking a deposition).

Ramrodding evidence?? You make the call.

Regards, J. Ska

Attendees: Bobo, Cole, Donna, Dorian, Eman, Felicia, Gman, Goettle, Jason, Julian, Laura, Lisa Eman, Lou D, Marissa, Marissa's Twin Sister, Gina, OJ Marc, Randy, Rose, Ryan G, Sharon H, Ska, Su, Tamp, Trent Eman, Uvegas, Yvette G


Totals:
Adam
1
Amato
1
Andrew
1
Art N
1
Big Lou
1
Bill H
1
Bobo
5
Chris Bode
1
Chuck de Palma
1
Cole
5
Paul Conway
2
Conway brother in law Roger
1
Conway niece Ann
1
Conway sister in law Joan
1
Conway wife Jean
1
CPL
1
Dmile
1
Donna
4
Dorian
5
El Chorba
1
Eman
5
Eric T
2
Felicia
3
German Micheal
2
Gina (BF barkeep) 1
Gman
5
Goettle
5
Jag
2
Jason
3
Jeff T (Tamps friend)
1
Jeremy V
2
John (Chorba work friend)
1
John Fallon
1
Julian
2
Julie N
1
Kaden
1
Karen (Chorba work friend)
1
Katherine
2
Kurt (Bobo neighbor)
1
Laura
4
Lisa Eman
3
Lou D
2
Marissa (Felicia friend)
1
Marissa's Twin Sister 1
Mary T
1
Maureen D
2
Mel Farris
1
Mertz
2
Michelle (Chorba work friend)
1
Mike C
1
Milot
3
Mosso
4
Mrs Scugi
1
OJ Marc
3
No Job Rob
1
Pam T (Tamps friend)
1
Randy
4
Rich T (Tamps friend)
1
Rose
1
Ryan G
2
Scugi
1
Sean (OJ Marc friend)
1
Sharon A
2
Sharon H
3
Ska
2
Steve (OJ Marc friend)
2
Su
4
Tamps
5
Tommy (Wendy friend)
1
Trent Eman
2
Uvegas
1
Wendy (Chorba work friend)
1
Yvette G
2
Yo
1

No comments: