Tuesday, December 17, 2013

TDDoC 2013: Day 6 Stats by Sophia

Hey, it's Day 7: Dacey's Pub 215 West Philadelphia Avenue Morrisville, PA 19067 215/ 295-4838

Day 6 Stats: Jo Jo’s. I turned into Jo Jo’s parking lot – and that’s the last time I’ll bother to do that during the Twelve Days. I got there a little late expecting a nice crowd but there were only three there - Reese, Russ, & Yo. I think. Maybe. It could have been three other people, but it was defnitely three. Although a fourth, Erin, was leaving as I entered and said that Rebecca had already left. Is there a point for leaving the earliest? (I hope not.) No Scugi, who I have missed for all of these days so far. I hear he has been around but I have been there every night! Sort of. Well not really. The crowd did eventually grow into a decent Jo Jo's bunch and I had fun. There were the Emans – sitting in the corner eating only THEIR pizza, Gman flying solo, Goettle, Tamps, Rita, Ska, Pods, and Benny. I thought I saw Sandor but, well, it’s day 6 and who can keep track?** Boo hoo for anyone who decided to skip it. There was talk around the bar that no one from the super-secret committee was there last night and that really confused me since I thought they were all there, or mostly there, or that the committee of one was at least there. So I guess they really are super-secret. I was going to recommend Grey Goose as the liquor of the day in deference to "6 geese-a-laying", but I forgot. The TDDoC Day Six fatigue is really starting to show - I noticed that even my lower-math skills were deteriorating when it took 20 minutes to decide about leaving a stray $5 on the bar and how to pay for the pizza. I don’t know what could possibly go with "7 swans-a-swimming" as a liquor of the day.

I was working the crowd for a possible Day Seven location of Dacey's Pub - I even tried bribing Benny. We'll see if that worked if and when 1) Dacey's is approved by Tajny Komitet and 2) he shows (or doesn't). I know it's a LONG way from New Jersey across the bridge to PA but it’s well worth it on this night. The DRJTBC has even called in extra salt trucks and plows just for the occasion. But if you knew what I thought about the DRJTBC…

Russ, Pods & I left kind of early to go next door to buy our Mega $$$ lottery tickets and I thought that would get me out of doing stats, aka penance, but no. The stats gods were not so easily sidetracked. There were some TDDoCers spread out along the bar that I didn't get to talk to, even with my roaming Dacey's boosting. But but don't feel left out - check the "x" next to your name. You were there. I hear that the TDDoC points are the one thing that are not screwed with. But I’m becoming convinced that about 98% of the stuff I hear about is all bu11, and maybe that is a conservative estimate (maybe not maybe). And last but not least a reminder: women produce only 60% as much alcohol dehydrogenase, the enzyme that neutralizes booze, as men do. Especially if you’re drinking bourbon.

That explains a lot.

**Editor's note: She did see Sandor.

No comments: