Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 11 stats by Trent Eman




Day 11, City Streets Cafe, Hightstown NJ

So as my first time writing stats, and probably not my last, I am both nervous and excited. I’m still unsure as to my motives for doing these shenanigans, but everyone seemed to be really excited that I was doing it. I still think they are just too lazy and didn’t want to do it themselves. Maybe I’m just excited that the old rents are going to let me stay up later tonight, or maybe this Christmas cheer is rubbing off on me. I’m uncertain whether my English teacher would be proud that I am writing over my Christmas break or if he would be ashamed that I’m writing about drinking.

When I was told I was writing stats, I had no idea what to do. Su and Gman told me to just lie or I could tell people about TDDoC from a teenager’s perspective. I chose to remain honest. So Twelve Drinking Days of Christmas in my perspective it was. Maybe I’m not the coolest teenager roaming the streets these days, but I’ve come to like the old hags I see every night (don’t take offense anyone who is over 25 is basically an old hag to me). I enjoy eating as much of Su’s meal as she does, and saying about 5 words to each person there. I like every minute of twelve days no matter how bored and sad I might look sitting over in the corner.

So day 11: City Streets. This used to be my favorite place because the quesadillas were world’s greatest, but it is slowly going down the drain. Happy hours with $2.99 appetizers sounds nice, but when the nachos have Kraft singles quality cheese you start to wonder if it was even worth that. We were also blessed to have a live performance for the first time I can remember in TDDoC history. I thought I was going to go deaf. His rendition of Free Fallin by Tom Petty went pretty well, but the rest of the show was definitely not up to par. Maybe he could start by playing songs that were produced past the late 70s, or just turn down the volume so I can hear myself think.

These factors, and others, led Gman to finally believe we should not come back. “If I say we should come back to this place next year, hit me over the head with a hammer” was exclaimed at one point by him. I think we should have filmed him saying this because there is a high chance we will be back again.

After all my complaining, I enjoyed my time at City Streets. I suppose there’s a certain charm to it all. But after its shortcomings this year, I don’t expect it to be on the 2012 TDDoC list.

No comments: